Boku is the relatively new payment method that allows users to deposit via their mobile phone bill. It is new in that not too many slot sites are actually on board and offer this payment method to its customers. But how does Boku actually work?
We’ve provided a breakdown of the individual steps of how the depositing process actually works
- From the deposit options select ‘boku’ or ‘pay by mobile’ both will do the same thing.
- Chose an amount to deposit between £10 – £30. The payment limits are still quite small.
- Enter in your current mobile telephone number
- A text message will be sent to your mobile asking you to confirm the purchase. Reply with a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’.
The amount you’ve chosen to deposit will then be added to your monthly mobile phone bill. In the case of pay-as-you-go users the amount will instantly be deducted from the credit that is currently on the mobile phone.
So what are the advantages and disadvantages?
The advantages of using Boku
- It removes the need to enter any form of debit or credit information. This is handy as a card may not always be to hand and avoids the need to enter card details while in public places.
- It adds an extra layer of security. No card or account details have been entered, and this in turn reduces the chances of credit card / debit card fraud.
- The amounts that can be deposited are relatively small. This helps those customers who are on a tighter budget and looking to control their daily spending.
The disadvantages of using Boku
- It can be difficult to keep a tally of the amount that is being added to a customers monthly phone bill. There have already been concerns raised by gambling charities that this payment is helping those easily add to their debt and lose control of spending.
- The deposit limits are small and will not suit those casino players who like to spend big to try and win big.
- It is not accepted by every mobile phone network, so many people will not even have the option to pay via their mobile phone bill.
As a company they one that is growing at a tremendous rate. Having been first setup in 2003 with the idea of offering ‘mobilecash’ the company looked for investment so it could grow. It is unsurprising that this clever payment method was snapped up by investors of Silicon Valley and has since received many millions of dollars worth of investment. It is also doing some deals with some of the biggest name brands in the world. These include Google Play, Facebook, Sony Playstation, Spofity and many more to name. All of this provides some much needed evidence that boku is a safe and secure way to make a deposit at a mobile casino.